2021 BMW X3 Trim Levels: A Comprehensive Guide
Comparing pricing and features for the 2021 BMW X3 trim levels? You’ve come to the right place. We’ve covered all four of the available BMW X3 trim levels and introduced some of the most popular BMW X3 packages, so you can find the perfect model when you’re ready to start a new adventure.
BMW X3 Trim Levels by Price
Although you can customize each model with a range of add-ons and BMW X3 packages, no BMW X3 trim level comparison could begin without a close look at each model’s starting price tag:
- 2021 BMW X3 sDrive 30i – $43,000 Starting MSRP
- 2021 BMW X3 xDrive 30i – $45,000 Starting MSRP
- 2021 BMW X3 M40i – $56,600 Starting MSRP
- 2021 BMW X3 xDrive30e – $49,600 Starting MSRP
BMW X3 sDrive30i
Compared to other compact SUVs, even the baseline BMW X3 offers superior power and a higher standard of luxury. The foundation of its success is the 2.0L BMW TwinPower Turbo inline-4, and with standard sDrive rear-wheel drive, you’ll have no trouble getting up to speed. Here’s what else you’ll want to look when you step into the cabin for your test drive:
- 8-speed Sport Automatic transmission
- Driving Dynamics Control with ECO PRO, COMFORT, and SPORT modes
- Auto Start-Stop function
- Engine Start/Stop button
Technology and Entertainment
- Apple CarPlay® Compatibility
- 12-speaker HiFi Sound System
- Live Cockpit Plus with iDrive 6.0
- 5.7-inch analog instrument cluster
- 10.25-inch central information display
- Touchscreen, voice, and touchpad controls
- Navigation, Bluetooth®, and two USB ports
Comfort and Convenience
- Advanced Vehicle & Key Memory
- 40/20/40 split fold-down through-load rear seats
- 10-way power front sport seats
- SensaTec Upholstery
- Dark Oak Wood trim
- Automatic 3-zone Climate Control
- Power tailgate
Safety and Security
- Active Driving Assistant with Frontal Collision Warning, Active Blind Spot Detection, and Lane Departure Warning
- Park Distance Control, front and rear
- Rear-view Camera
- LED Headlights with Cornering Lights
- Programmable LED Daytime Running Lights
- LED fog lights
This is just a sample of what to expect. For a more comprehensive list of features, click on any model in our new X3 inventory to see exactly what it’s offering.
BMW X3 xDrive30i
As in years past, the BMW X3 xDrive 30i is by and large identical to the BMW X3 sDrive 30i–at least in terms of features and inclusions. The only significant difference is the addition of xDrive, an exclusive symmetrical all-wheel drive system from BMW.
Considering the upgrade? Here’s what you should know:
- For an added cost of just $2,000, you could enjoy superior control and performance on the roads near Philadelphia.
- xDrive is distinguished from other AWD systems by its multi-disc electronically controlled clutch, which constantly shifts available torque between the front and rear wheels–offering you the perfect balance at all times.
- xDrive increases your curb weight to 4,147 pounds, up from 3,931 pounds on the sDrive 30i.
BMW X3 M40i
Upgrading to the BMW X3 M40i configuration will net you an even more potent 3.0L BMW M TwinPower Turbo inline-6 and standard xDrive AWD. That’s not all. You’ll also receive interior trim upgrades, along with a substantial list of new features:
Performance and Handling
- M Sport Brakes with Blue Calipers
- M Sport suspension
- Variable Sport Steering
- Performance Control
Style and Design
- Shadowline exterior trim
- 19″ M Double-spoke bi-color wheels
- SensaTec Dashboard
- Aluminum Rhombicle trim
- 3-spoke telescopic, leather-wrapped M sport steering wheel
- 14-way power front sport seats
Technology and Entertainment
- Connected Package Professional
- 12.3″ digital instrument cluster
- Live Cockpit Professional with iDrive 7.0
- Comfort Access keyless entry with hands-free trunk/lid opening
BMW X3 xDrive30e (X3 Plug-In Hybrid)
The BMW X3 xDrive30e shares many of its features with the X3 sDrive40i and the X3 xDrive40i, but it pairs the 2.0L BMW TwinPower Turbo inline-4 engine with an Integrated Electric Motor. Together, these generate 288 hp and 310 lb-ft of torque–more than the base trim, and less than the M40i.
The xDrive30e is also distinguished from the starting trim levels by the inclusion of features such as Android Auto Compatibility, Connected Package Professional, a 12.3-inch digital instrument cluster, and BMW eDrive Services that can help you find charging stations near Sewell and Williamstown.
Did we mention that the xDrive30e is also the most efficient X3? If you’ve ever considered a plug-in hybrid SUV, you’ll love this powerful and practical BMW.
Customizing Your X3: BMW X3 Packages
As with all new BMW X models, the BMW X3 gives you a wide range of packages and standalone features to consider. We’ve covered some of the basics below, so you can configure or select a new X3 with confidence:
- What is the BMW X3 Premium Package? Precise inclusions and pricing will vary depending on the model you select. It generally includes the features of the Convenience Package (like Comfort Access keyless entry and a Panoramic Moonroof), while also adding features like a Head-Up Display and heated seats.
- Is there a BMW X3 M Package? While there is no BMW X3 M or BMW X3 M Sport Package for model-year 2021, you can access all of your favorite M Performance features by opting for the M40i BMW X3 trim level.
- What luxury features are available? Looking for a little something extra? Choosing the Executive Package will earn you Vernasca leather upholstery with contrast stitching as well as features like Parking Assistant Plus–the ultimate in on-the-go convenience.
Start Your Adventure in Any BMW X3 Trim Level Today!
So, will you choose the X3 sDrive30i, the X3 xDrive30i, the X3 M40i, or the X3 xDrive30e? Our BMW X3 lease offers make it easy to get everything you desire in your next compact SUV. You can even start the financing or leasing process from the comfort of your own home! Just step into our virtual showroom to get started.
More from BMW of Turnersville
The 2022 BMW 3 Series goes from 0 to 60 in as little as 3.4 seconds—and that means this classic compact sport sedan has what it takes to revolutionize every drive. Although precise acceleration times and power output will vary depending on which available BMW 3 Series engine you select, rest assured that every…
The 2022 BMW i4 release date has finally arrived, and drivers from Philadelphia to Sewell can’t wait to get more information about this much-anticipated EV powerhouse. So, what is the 2022 BMW i4 price? The model starts at $55,400 MSRP for the base i4 eDrive40 trim, while the i4 M50 starts at $65,900 MSRP. The…
The 2022 BMW X5 towing capacity reaches as high as 7,200 pounds, and all models other than the new plug-in hybrid configuration can reach this upper limit. If you plan on moving heavy cargo, you’ll just need to equip the optional BMW X5 tow hitch, which is available for just $550. Additionally, this model…